I was born in Rianxo (Galicia) in 1982. I have a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science at the University of Santiago de Compostela, and a Master Degree in High Performance Computing, also at this university.
Nowadays I am working at the Centro de Investigación en Tecnoloxías da Información (CiTIUS) as a researcher and Phd. student. My research is based in:
- Big Data applications performance with Hadoop and Spark.
- High Performance Computing applied to Natural Language Processing.
- Genomics alignment by using Big Data and HPC technologies.
Previously, at the Applied Mathematics Department, also at the University of Santiago de Compostela, my duties were:
- Development of gas networks simulator and optimizator by using Fortran language.
- In charge of the development of a graphical interface for its use with the simulator and optimizator tool based in the open source project Quantum Gis. This interface is made with Pyhton and Qt (PyQt).
- Code development for mathematical problems.
- Development of paralell applications with OpenMp and MPI.
- Implementation of the software simulator and optimizator software as SaaS (Software as a Service).
- Administration of the Linux server where the gas simulator and optimizator software resides.
Previously I worked at the Galicia Supercomputing Centre in the e-Learning department, mostly in european e-Learning projects. I also did other kind of stuff, among them, for example:
- Linux servers administration (dom0 Xen servers and also virtual machines)
- Development of web platforms based on Java and Php
- Maintenance and development of an e-Learning platform based in the Chamilo Open Source platform, Aula Cesga
- Managing videoconferences through BigBlueButton
- Scripts programming using Python and Bash
You can find more information about in the Projects section.