Nowadays I work as Post-Doctoral researcher and software developer at (CiTIUS), in the University of Santiago de Compostela, while I carry out a research stay at the Polytechnic Institute of Cávado and Ave, in Barcelos (Portugal).
My previous experience is:
ITMATI, Technological Institute for Industrial Mathematics.
Post-Doctoral researcher and Software Developer
- Software development in Python, C++ and Fortran.
- Development of prediction models for time series data.
HPC Data Scientist.
- Development of Big Data software to perform ETL processes by using Apache Spark.
Centro de Investigación en Tecnoloxías da Información (CiTIUS)
Researcher and PhD student. My research is based in:
- Big Data applications performance with Hadoop and Spark.
- High Performance Computing applied to Natural Language Processing and Genomics.
- Genomics alignment by using Big Data and HPC technologies.
- Development of gas networks simulator and optimizator by using Fortran language.
- In charge of the development of a graphical interface for its use with the simulator and optimizator tool based in the open source project Quantum Gis. This interface is made with Pyhton and Qt (PyQt).
- Code development for mathematical problems.
- Development of paralell applications with OpenMp and MPI.
- Implementation of the software simulator and optimizator software as SaaS (Software as a Service).
- Administration of the Linux server where the gas simulator and optimizator software resides.
Galicia Supercomputing Centre (Cesga), e-Learning department
European e-Learning projects technician
- Linux servers administration (dom0 Xen servers and also virtual machines)
- Development of web platforms based on Java and Php
- Maintenance and development of an e-Learning platform based in the Chamilo Open Source platform, Aula Cesga
- Managing videoconferences through BigBlueButton
- Scripts programming using Python and Bash
You can find more information about me and my job in the Projects section.